Sunday, August 2, 2015

Purple Book Card

Hi; Sandy here. Today's the last day of our Summer schedule.
Tomorrow we return back to daily posts and weekly themes again.
I've been asked to make a Birthday Card for a lady, and as it's a "Birthday with an Oh", I thought I'd make something special and I've created a book card.

***BE WARNED*** PICTURE HEAVY POST***

I've been playing with purple papers from Pion Design's newest collection Linneaus Botanical Journal, as well as from last year's My precious Daughter.
The image is also from Pion; it's from the vintage image sheet "Elegant Ladies".
Beside the lady is the name of the recipient written with dymo tape, but I've masked it here just in case...

Some details:



Here's the inside:
Left Side:

 The backing paper is the beautiful Writings from Linneaus Botanical Journal, I also used a border from the same collection on the left hand side. The large tag was cut out of the same sheet. The dark purple is from Julia's Dress; cut out a heart banner and  I created a little pocket for the tags. The small tags were cut out from the Pansy sheet.

Right side:
The lace around the box is the pretty Aurelie, which has been my favourite for some time now. The paper is the backside of Pansy. The large heart is made up of pomegranate apples and different mulberry flowers.

Now; there aren't any purple/lilac pomegranates for sale at the store...however if one leaves the blue ones out in the sun for some time, they will get bleached and voilà - lilac pomegranates. :-)
To match the gorgeous Maya Road Glitter Tulle Trim, I applied Stickles Stardust Glitter to the flowers.

The ~Swedish~ text reads  "Heartfelt Congratulations" .
I decorated with a few clay hearts, which were frantaged with Shabby Green.

The back I kept fairly simple as I didn't want to take focus away from the pretty flowers.


Last pic :-) Thanks for looking.
Hugz, Sandy

1 comment: